What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards will enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage GCP infrastructure end to end, with an eye for identifying practices and procedures that can be automated
- Analyze production errors to define and create tools that help mitigate problems in the system design stage
- Identify changes that are necessary to maintain optimal system performance while liaising with engineering leads
- Lead the charge to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback
- Implement developer automation tooling and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Optimize the company’s computing and storage infrastructure
- Develop and maintain documentation for internal tooling and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, OR have equivalent experience
- New York Based (Office is hybrid in-person/remote)
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer or similar Software Engineering role
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring along with a strong foundational understanding of these layers of the stack
- Expertise in building solutions using Google Cloud Platform tooling and services
- Experience with software development methodologies and best practices (design review, code review, automated testing)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc.) and version control software/platforms like Git/Github
- Experience provisioning Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) and container runtimes (Docker) in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of databases, relational and non-relational (PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with ETL/ELT Pipelines
- Experience with Data Governance/IAM solutioning
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- Previous startup/early stage development experience
Annual base salary range is $125,000 - 225,000 + bonus + benefits (medical, dental, vision) + 401K match + Equity. Ultimately, when building each comp package we consider job skills, experience and location.