Director of Compliance
Role: Director of Compliance
Reporting to: General Counsel
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt is the leading rewards platform in housing that provides innovative payment services to real estate property managers and their tenants. Bilt has partnered with Mastercard to create the first credit card that lets you earn points on rent with no fees. In addition, we’ve created a best-in-class loyalty program for the next generation of renters and homebuyers. With Bilt, renters can finally earn rewards on their largest expense, and get the benefit of having their timely rent payments reflected in their credit scores. They can then redeem rewards points towards travel, home decor and even a down payment on a home. We’re making renting rewarding while paving a path to homeownership for our generation.
What’s the role?
Your expertise and creativity will shape all facets of our innovative, mission-driven business including product offerings, commercialization, financing, corporate governance, regulatory matters, government affairs and compliance as the Bilt business scales, with a special focus on our emerging payments business.
In this role you will:
- Provide compliance advice for our rapidly growing organization, reporting directly to our General Counsel.
- Prepare compliance policies and procedures
- Manage compliance issues and reporting compliance issues and concerns to Bilt’s Risk and Compliance Committee
- Prepare compliance and BSA/AML/OFAC risks assessments
- Arrange, track and report compliance training
- Manage independent compliance audits and prepare management responses to compliance audits
- Conduct testing and monitoring of controls and procedures that manage compliance risk
- Manage the relationship with compliance departments at current and prospective bank partners and state and federal regulators.
- Conduct or coordinate research into compliance questions and issues that are brought up by the business as we seek to solve problems in new ways.
- Work comfortably in a variety of topics, including money transmission, real estate, credit card lending and advertising, and loyalty rewards.
- Identify and consult on compliance risks in connection with our expansion plans and development of new products.
- Serve as lead contact to resolve compliance issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling compliance disputes and inquiries.
- Assist with other technology issues involving e-commerce, including online and mobile sales, marketing, and customer self-service tools; social media; big data; and privacy/data security.
- Develop internal processes for managing current compliance obligations as well as monitor any updates in relevant rules and regulations.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 5+ years of experience in performing compliance for a money transmitter or bank, with a strong background in KYC/AML/OFAC
- Experience working at a fintech company as a primary contributor is a major plus.
- A strong ability to organize and multitask, balancing several projects at a given time.
Annual base salary range is $130,000 - 160,000 + bonus + benefits (medical, dental, vision) + 401K match + Equity. Ultimately, when building each comp package we consider job skills, experience and location.
Something looks off?