Technical Product Manager, Alliance
Technical Product Manager, Alliance
Reporting to: Senior Technical Product Manager, Alliance
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
As a Product team member at Bilt, you’ll be instrumental in shaping what products we build and how our users interact with them. You’ll be reporting to our lead Technical Product Manager on the Alliance team, and will take ownership of the development of software that drives our business. The Alliance team is responsible for the Bilt Payment Center, Alliance Portal, and Alliance Loyalty Platform, which come together through deep integrations with property management systems to offer our partner properties a plug-and-play software platform that processes rent payments and rewards residents for their loyalty, all while reducing costs and providing new revenue streams for property owners.
In this role, you will…
- Work with our internal stakeholders to define product solutions that effectively achieve our business objectives and user experience goals
- Create technical requirements to convey your ideas and communicate your solutions to the Engineering team and beyond
- Work with engineering to break down requirements into tasks, estimate effort, and plan sprints
- Be a thought partner to both Product and Engineering teams, balancing product requirements with engineering scope
- Collaborate with external partners to achieve effective and scalable technical integrations
- Maintain the engineering backlog and prioritize work based on impact
- Become an expert of our tech stack and own the documentation of it
- Supervise and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process
- Identify and define future opportunities that leverage our technology and data
Who you are:
You’ve got great instincts for how to build software efficiently, scalably, and reliably. You have the ability to make high-level system architecture decisions, but are also able to dive into the nitty-gritty to effectively define and scope individual engineering tasks. You’re a great technical writer, because you know that any ambiguity in the way you communicate can impede development. You can work fast and loose if needed—but you also understand when process and structure are necessary, and you’ve got ideas about how to implement them.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager; 5+ total years of experience in a technical role
- Background in computer science
- Technical ability to advise and evaluate engineering decisions
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
- A history of delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a Technical Product Manager is $140,000 - 170,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance-based bonus.