Director of Leasing
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved. Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 50+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses.
Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York and Austin.
- This role is remote. You will report to and be supported by the VP, Porfolio Operations of your assigned client POD.
- Your title will be “Director, Leasing”, and you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading personnel assigned to your POD’s functional area
- Ensuring the success of the POD’s primary sales element: Leasing
- Overseeing the professional development of leasing personnel assigned to you and your POD, to include Leasing Specialists, Listing Specialists, and Application Processors.
- You will be evaluated primarily on the basis of: POD-specific Leasing KPIs, including but not limited to:
- Speed of of postings Quality of listings (photos, copy, accuracy, etc.)Speed and accuracy of application processing.
- Leasing velocity & variance to underwritten rent
- New resident delinquency rates
- Satisfaction scores provided by prospects and residents
What you'll do
- Work product quality
- Development of strategic initiatives
- Resolution of significant operational challenges
- Leadership, training, support, and supervision provided to any assigned personnel
- Ensuring all Leasing Department employees are knowledgeable of and in compliance with company procedures, best practices, and all local, state and federal laws, by sufficiently training all staff
- Management of such other responsibilities as may be assigned by company leadership
- Sales team and team leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills Exceptional organizational abilities and communication abilities
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work in a cross-functional manner
- Highly-motivated individual capable of working in a fast-paced, outcomes-focused environment
- Bachelor’s degree; no preferences with respect to the focus of study 5+ years of leasing execution and/or management experience
- Knowledge of SFR leasing best practices and commonly-leveraged resources
- Commitment to embodying the team’s target traits:
- Attention to Detail
- Initiative Communication & Coordination Transparency Reliability