Manager, Fraud Risk Analytics
Flex is an early-stage, remote-first FinTech startup that is creating the best rent payment experience. It’s hard to believe that it’s 2023 and paying rent on time is expensive, inflexible, and difficult. We’re here to change that! We enable our users to pay rent throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances and budget. Our mission is to empower as many renters as possible with flexibility over their most significant recurring expense. After deliberately keeping a stealth profile as we built up unprecedented investor support and an enthusiastic user base, we are looking for motivated individuals to help us keep our mission growing in 2023. Will you be a part of the team?
The goal of the fraud risk analytics team is to leverage our extensive data assets to identify insights and trends, develop rules engines, and generate actionable recommendations that enable Flex to deliver the best possible products and services to our customers. As a leader on the team, you’ll partner closely with teams & leadership across the organization to create data science roadmaps, identify opportunities for growth, and drive a deeper understanding of our business.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders from Data Science, Product, Engineering, Compliance to identify, test, and implement data driven solutions that mitigate loss and boost growth
- Building data pipelines and dashboard to sniff anomaly and forecast losses
- Work with product and engineering to build out and improve the risk rules engine for our pioneer products
- Become an expert on data sources and a thought leader in fraud risk
- Bachelor's degree is in Statistics or an equivalent quantitative field
- 5+ years fraud analytics experience
- Experience building Tableau Dashboards
- Passionate about solving problems with data and a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Highly motivated to work on multiple projects and a team player with a startup spirit
- Statistical modeling experience in R, SQL, Python
- Experience building losses forecasting models
- Expertise in dbt, airflow, luigi
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
The national pay range for this role is $130,000-$170,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience aligned with Flex's internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Life at Flex:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) + company stock options
- Unlimited paid time off + company paid holidays
- Parental leave + IVF and adoption support
- Flex Cares Program: Non-profit company match + pet adoption coverage
- Free Flex subscription
Something looks off?