Compliance Operations Sr. Lead
Flex is a growth-stage, NYC headquartered FinTech company that is creating the best rent payment experience. It’s hard to believe that it’s 2024 and paying rent on time is expensive, inflexible, and difficult. We’re here to change that! Flex enables our users to pay rent throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances and budget. Our mission is to empower as many renters as possible with flexibility over their most significant recurring expense. After deliberately keeping a stealth profile as we built up unprecedented investor support and an enthusiastic user base, we are looking for motivated individuals to help us keep our mission growing. Will you be a part of the team?
About the Role
The Flex Compliance team is looking for a Compliance Operations Sr. Lead to drive key components of the Compliance Management System. The ideal candidate is a seasoned compliance professional with deep experience building and managing CMSs that cover policy, governance, operations, and reporting frameworks. Reporting to Flex’s VP of Compliance, Compliance Operations Sr. Lead will drive key components and manage the Compliance Operations team that supports regulator interactions, training, policies, reporting, and annual planning.
What You’ll Do
- Implement and provide continued enhancements to a comprehensive CMS that aligns with Flex's overall business goals and risk tolerance.
- Be responsible for the regulatory change management framework and process that operates effectively across multiple business lines.
- Oversee interactions with federal and state regulators including regulatory exams and bank partner or counterparty relationships.
- Ensure compliance policies and training modules are kept up-to-date, cover applicable laws and regulations, and are provided to relevant stakeholders. Facilitate requests for training updates with risk management organizations.
- Ensure compliance data in the Flex Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) system meets governance standards and is kept up-to-date. Facilitate requests for changes to the system to meet the Compliance team’s needs.
- Oversee periodic compliance reporting to business units and senior management, including compliance testing reporting and key compliance data for risk management committees.
- Manage the annual planning process and objectives.
- Maintain proficient and contemporary knowledge of key consumer protection, privacy and banking laws and regulations, and the latest interpretations.
- Drive and support Compliance team projects, initiatives, and process improvements as needed.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in consumer compliance preferably in banking and/or at an established or public fintech company.
- Demonstrated ability to improve compliance management programs, including compliance governance, training, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. consumer protection, privacy, and banking laws and regulations, including FCRA, GLBA, UDAAP, TILA and BSA/AML.
- Proven capability in managing bank-partner relationships and liaising with necessary stakeholders
- Experience working with federal and state regulators. Preferably experience collaborating with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS).
- Strong communication and influence skills with multiple levels of business unit/senior management, second line teams, internal audit and external auditors/regulators.
- Self-motivated and collaborative professional with demonstrated experience leading and managing teams.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. consumer protection, privacy, and banking laws and regulations including FCRA, GLBA, UDAAP, TILA, and BSA/AML.
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills and solid problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative, judgment, and planning.
- Compliance certification (e.g., CRCM, CIPP, CAMS) is a plus.
- Experience with industry GRC / Enterprise Risk Management platforms is a plus.
The national pay range for this role is $176,000-$222,000 in base salary. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience aligned with Flex's internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Life at Flex:
We understand that it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, curious, determined, empathetic, and self aware people to grow a successful company. Our HQ is located in New York City, but we have employees located throughout the US, Australia, and South America. We are growing quickly, but deliberately, with a focus on building an inclusive culture. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We offer many employee benefits. For full time, U.S. based employees we offer:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) + company stock options
- Unlimited paid time off with a PTO minimum + 13 company paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Flex Cares Program: Non-profit company match + pet adoption coverage
- Free Flex subscription