Senior Manager Capital Markets & Treasury
Flex is a growth-stage, NYC headquartered FinTech company that is creating the best rent payment experience. It’s hard to believe that it’s 2024 and paying rent on time is expensive, inflexible, and difficult. We’re here to change that! Flex enables our users to pay rent throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances and budget. Our mission is to empower as many renters as possible with flexibility over their most significant recurring expense. After deliberately keeping a stealth profile as we built up unprecedented investor support and an enthusiastic user base, we are looking for motivated individuals to help us keep our mission growing. Will you be a part of the team?
About the role:
The Capital Markets & Treasury team is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to fund our consumer unsecured loan business. The ideal candidate will have a wide understanding of treasury operations and funding strategies used by speciality finance companies. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented and have strong interpersonal skills.
What you'll do:
- Work on a small team as an integral part of capital markets strategy decision-making
- Manage the company’s cash operations including the processing of borrower collections and the purchase and sale of receivables. Create and maintain reconciliations of funds movements.
- Operationalize credit facility fund flows and reporting to occur accurately & timely
- Analyze and interpret the impact of various equity & debt funding strategies while working in the context of broader corporate goals
- Participate in legal negotiation/documentation with funding counterparties alongside counsel
- Partner cross-functionally with our Product, Sales and Marketing, Servicing and Risk teams to drive strategy and optimize tactics as it relates to capital markets
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience at an investment bank, hedge fund, or asset manager focused on warehouses, securitizations, or other ABS strategies.
- Alternatively, experience at a consumer or marketplace lending company in a treasury, capital markets or debt funding role.
- Wide understanding of treasury operations, capital markets, funding strategies and/or other ways to raise debt capital
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience; MBA or CFA is a plus
The national pay range for this role is $146,000-$182,000 in base salary. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience aligned with Flex's internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Life at Flex:
We understand that it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, curious, determined, empathetic, and self aware people to grow a successful company. Our HQ is located in New York City, but we have employees located throughout the US, Australia, and South America. We are growing quickly, but deliberately, with a focus on building an inclusive culture. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We offer many employee benefits. For full time, U.S. based employees we offer:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) + company stock options
- Unlimited paid time off with a PTO minimum + 13 company paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Flex Cares Program: Non-profit company match + pet adoption coverage
- Free Flex subscription