Senior Manager, Treasury
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1B from investors in all 50 states and has recently been awarded by Top Workplaces USA 2023, as well as the Washington Post's Top Workplaces 2022 and 2023! Previous awards also include: being honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies, as well as, recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We're seeking a Senior Manager, Treasury. A successful candidate will be a strong leader with an ability to work with cross-teammates, have an eye for risk assessment, be exceptionally attentive to detail, have a strong work ethic, and have a proven track record of process improvement.
- Manage the Treasury team, with responsibility of cash and liquidity management across the corporate, fund, and property level entities
- Drive the strategy and execution of the Treasury function, working cross team with the Real Estate and Investor Servicing Business Units
- Ensure proper controls and governance processes are in place for all Treasury operations, including but not limited to account openings, fraud protection, and cash fundings
- Review all fund level cash forecasts, and work closely with the Portfolio Management Team to ensure adequate liquidity at the appropriate entity level for real estate cash needs
- Monitor credit facility liquidity and net asset covenants through appropriate dashboards, recommending any intercompany loans or cash movements as needed
- Manage relationships and account openings with financial partners, including but not limited to operating banks, lending banks, investment banks, custodians, and credit card companies
- Work with the Capital markets team to manage banking scorecard process for the corporate, fund and property level banking partners, communicate any service level gaps and expectations to banks, and ensure alignment between where deposits are held and capital markets strategy
- Support multiple borrower level credit facilities through the opening and maintenance of appropriate bank account structures and the monthly waterfall distributions and interest payments
- Initiate or review and approve transactions for deal fundings, draws, servicing, intercompany reimbursements, and rent receipts in banking portal
- Act as subject matter expert in the scoping and implementation of a Treasury Management System (TMS)
- 8 years of of relevant treasury experience
- 5 years of relevant management experience
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 10 years of of relevant treasury and accounting experience in investment funds or real estate
- CTM (Corporate Treasury Management) or CTP (Certified Treasury Professional)
- TMS Implementation experience
The estimated base salary range Fundrise expects to pay for this position is between $140,000 and $170,000 annually. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as a target discretionary performance bonus and restricted stock units (as applicable). The range for this role takes into account a wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: candidate's relevant skill set, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business/organizational needs.
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave