Director of Product Design
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Google, Capital One, McKinsey, Compass, Brookfield, Ares, and Blackstone, among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
The Director of Product Design will involve leading the design team in researching, planning, designing, and working alongside our technology team to implement new products, features and functionality that provide value to our users/customers.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Lead the product design team ensuring usability and cohesiveness across the suite of customer experiences
- Design and specify user journeys, use cases, and interfaces – using participatory and iterative design methods including, but not limited to, user research, contextual interviews and usability testing
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Develop UI mockups, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes through feedback from internal and external stakeholdersIdentify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Advocate on behalf of the customer’s best interest when it comes to decisions for new and updated features and products
- Iterative approach to all phases of design
- Creating and observing A/B tests
- Experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- Minimum 8+ years experience as a Product Designer with experience across UX, UI, Visual Design and User Research
- Leadership Experience: You have experience leading designers and aligning teams a shared strategy. You define and take responsibility for outcomes. You communicate and influence at all levels within the organization
- Previous experience collaborating with engineers in developing rich usable and functional experiences. You are well-versed at discussing trade-offs to ensure delivery and impact
- Strategic: You can craft a coherent design vision and the steps to building towards the vision
- Customer-minded: You are passionate about understanding the motivations, values, and needs of the customer
- OWNERSHIP: Make it happen, no matter what.
- EXCELLENCE: Everything we do is world-class
- COLLABORATION We trust in the power of working together.
- WINNING: We’re here to be the best.
- FAIRNESS: We get deals done, done right
- FUN: We work hard and we enjoy the ride.
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.