Director of Net Lease Investments
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Google, Capital One, McKinsey, Compass, Brookfield, Ares, and Blackstone, among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
In this role, you'll have broad responsibility during the acquisitions process including identifying net lease investment opportunities, deal structuring/advising, underwriting the deal to assess and mitigate any risks, assist with closing duties while partnering with our technology teams to provide feedback to them to iterate our product suite.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Responsible for broad acquisitions oversight which could include: sourcing net lease investment opportunities, underwriting tenant credit and underwriting the real estate opportunity, completing diligence on and closing an asset
- Running analyses and write all investment committee memos to evaluate the potential deal
- Analyze and mitigate all deal risks
- Provide quick feedback on all deal pricing to the acquisition BD team
- Perform property-level asset management tasks
- Minimum 8+ years of acquisitions/underwriting experience with net lease investment opportunities, from a private equity/investment management or banking environment.
- Solid understanding of Excel with financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Distinctive problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities, track record of building trusted relationships with a variety of contacts and executive stakeholders
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into presentable messages
- We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.
- OWNERSHIP: Make it happen, no matter what.
- EXCELLENCE: Everything we do is world-class
- COLLABORATION We trust in the power of working together.
- WINNING: We’re here to be the best.
- FAIRNESS: We get deals done, done right
- FUN: We work hard and we enjoy the ride.
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.