Director of Net Lease Asset Management
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Google, Capital One, McKinsey, Compass, Brookfield, Ares, and Blackstone, among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
The Director of Net Lease Asset Management is responsible for providing first-class customer service to our external clients, including tenants, lenders, and brokers, along with assisting the internal Real Estate team with day-to-day inquiries and requests. This position is responsible for managing and executing the property-level investment decisions.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day aspects of net lease investments and regularly monitors existing investments to ensure leases are in compliance and policies, procedures, and regulations are met
- Contracts for and leads vendor services as the need arises.
- Stays in constant communication with tenants and other outside parties on an as-needed basisCollects rent and pays expenses in compliance with lease and financing terms.
- Prepares all required legal notices.
- Recommends and coordinates legal action.
- Supports property sales and property development by leading key aspects of due diligence, supervising related activities of internal and external contributors/consultants.
- Directs third-party vendors to deliver service levels consistent with maximizing property value.
- Proactively handles capital plans, projects, and operating budget reporting for all assigned properties.
- Reviews various business management reports.
- Meets with client management team and appropriate departments to discuss, resolve and discrepancies.
- Continuously evaluates current standards and practices.
- Identifies improvement opportunities, working with other support and business teams to refine and implement standard processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, accounting or finance preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience required, net lease experience preferred
- Subject matter expertise in real estate investments, real estate financial modeling; cash flow valuation and underwriting a plus
- Excellent analytical, financial, and quantitative skills, with highest level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpretive knowledge of property level financial statements and financial analysis including ROI analysis, market share assumptions, and forecasting
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.