Financial Billing Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
As the pioneer and market leader in remote online notarization, Notarize is bringing trust online and pulling industries like real estate, automotive and financial services into the digital age. We’ve built strategic partnerships with some of America’s biggest brands (Adobe and Transamerica, to name a few), and have been recognized and ranked on prestigious lists, like #24 on The Financial Times’ List of Fastest Growing Companies, #114 on Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Inc. 5000, and Built In's List for Best Remote-First Places to Work.
We're looking for a customer service-focused and detail-oriented Billing Analyst to ensure accurate and timely billing of our customer accounts. As part of the Finance team, you'll be the main point of contact for both internal and external billing questions, and work closely with our Customer Success and Support teams to ensure timely collection of invoices. A successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, great communication skills, and a desire to build and refine operational processes.
What you will do:
- Serve as billing subject matter expert, providing helpful and accurate responses to all billing-related
- inquiries from both internal and external clients
- Proactively address customer open balances and partner with Customer Success and Sales to address account health
- Audit customer accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness of billing information
- Build and deliver reports to manage collections histories and actions taken
- Address questions from payment processors about chargebacks and rejections
- Prepare and review write-offs
- Ensure accurate cash application of customer payments into the general ledger.
- Review customer contracts in Salesforce for quality and billing terms
- Process Notary payments through Stripe
- Provide input on process improvements that will benefit financial operations
What we are looking for:
- 1+ years of relevant accounting experience (SaaS/startup experience preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated proficiency in GSuite, Excel, and relevant billing software (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Stripe, Salesforce, etc.)
- Comfort handling tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for detail and
- Ability to balance multiple high priorities and lead several time-sensitive projects at once with minimal direction
- Strong analytical skills and a creative, collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work both collaboratively in a dynamic team environment and independently with little direction and/or supervision
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our Core Values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build Trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Notarize
Something looks off?