Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The impact you'll have
At Placemakr, we know how cleanliness and comfort contributes to an unforgettable home-away-from-home stay. As a Housekeeper I, your mission will be simple: utilize Placemakr’s housekeeping process to execute cleanliness and quality standards for all guest rooms, ensuring that no detail is forgotten. We are seeking individuals who strive to positively impact each guest by independently exceeding cleanliness expectations and utilizing inventory and organization best practices to support a seamless housekeeping operation. As an integral member of our on-site Property Team, you will embody our Property Team Mission with each unit turnover and interaction, and consistently demonstrate that exceptional cleanliness, comfort and service is the core of our operation.
This is a full-time position requiring ability to work flexible shifts including some weekends and holidays. The exact days of the week will be rotational.
This position is located on-site at our Arlington, VA location. The hourly rate for this position is $18.50/hr.
Your typical day
- Consistently provide an exceptional experience to all Placemakr guests, residents and partners by embodying what our guests should think of as a trusted friend and local insider.
- Foster a "one team" mentality by collaborating effectively with fellow property team members when needed.
- Maintain a safe, secure and compliant environment for team members and guests.
- Efficiently clean assigned units following established Placemakr housekeeping processes.
- Maintain a unit inspection pass rate of at least 85%+, ensuring units provide the comforts of home that our guests expect.
- Promptly address any discrepancies or issues in assigned units post-inspection.
- Consistently utilize housekeeping systems (we use Breezeway!) for unit assignments and cleanliness checklists.
- Stock and organize housekeeping cart(s) appropriately based on Placemakr standards.
- Communicate with housekeeping leadership regarding inventory and/or supplies needed, and effectively escalate issues or concerns.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
What it takes
- 1+ year of previous housekeeping or cleaning experience (hospitality-specific experience a plus!)
- You have a can-do attitude and the ability to work effectively in an independent and collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high cleanliness standards.
- You have experience with independently managing your tasks and remaining organized.
- You embody our Property Team Mission of Customer, Consistency and Community (Norms).
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Housekeepers will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Housekeepers and an exceptional guest experience.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depending on your role
Flexible scheduling (including 3- and 4-day full-time work weeks, location- and position-dependent) to support work-life balance for all
Transparent position development which provides you with the ability to increase your pay by at least $2/hr in as fast as 9-months (position-dependent)
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!