Guest Experience Associate I
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The impact you'll have
At Placemakr, we are obsessed with service and believe in providing exceptional experiences to our valued guests, residents, and partners. As a Guest Experience Associate I, you will be at the forefront of this mission, serving as the primary point of contact for our guests and residents throughout their stay and until they depart. We are seeking individuals who embody Placemakr’s Community Norms, have a "can-do" spirit, and consistently go above and beyond to ensure both internal and external customer satisfaction. As an integral member of our on-site Property Team, you will embody our Property Team Mission with each task and interaction, and consistently demonstrate that exceptional service is the core of our operation.
This is a full-time position requiring ability to work various shifts throughout the week and weekend. The exact days of the week will be rotational.
This position is located on-site at our Austin location. The hourly rate for this position is $17.50/hr
Your typical day
- Consistently provide an exceptional experience to all Placemakr guests, residents and partners by embodying what our guests should think of as a trusted friend and local insider.
- Foster a "one team" mentality by collaborating effectively with fellow property team members.
- Maintain a safe, secure and compliant environment for team members and guests.
- Offer support to team members in need and support the de-escalation of situations when required.
- Respond to written guest communication in a timely and effective manner through various channels, including text, email, HubSpot and AirBnB.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers (i.e. guests, team members and vendors).
- Ensure guests are consistently checked into their assigned rooms in accordance with Placemakr standards.
- Collect payment method consistently at check-in, following established protocols.
- Utilize maintenance, housekeeping, check-in, and other systems accurately.
- Respond promptly and effectively to off-site, cross-functional Placemakr team members via Teams, email, or other communication method.
- Complete thorough and effective shift handovers at the conclusion of each shift.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
What it takes
- 1+ year of previous experience delivering excellent customer service in environments such as hospitality, retail, multi-family or food & beverage.
- Previous experience communicating effectively with internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize systems or technology (previous experience using a POS, CRM or customer communication system a plus!)
- You have a can-do attitude and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- You embody our Property Team Mission of Customer, Consistency and Community (Norms).
- You lead by example and embody the core values of Placemakr. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
- Guest Experience Associates will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for our Guest Experience Associates and an exceptional guest experience.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Stock Options and Generous Monthly or Quarterly Bonus Program starting at $500 depending on your role
Flexible scheduling (including 3- and 4-day full-time work weeks, location- and position-dependent) to support work-life balance for all
Transparent position development which provides you with the ability to increase your pay by at least $2/hr in as fast as 9-months (position-dependent)
Yearly uniform stipend
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Paid Time Off to allow time for you to recharge
ZayZoon as an option to access your paycheck before your payday
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
*Property Leadership roles come with additional benefits such as cell phone reimbursement and health and wellness stipend.
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!