Manager, Talent Acquisition
People & HR
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
A bit about us
We’re a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in some of America’s most-loved cities, our unique platform allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. This all-in-one solution includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market.
Our tech-enabled buildings create one-of-a-kind guest experiences and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether guests are with us for a night, a year, or somewhere in between, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they’re a place to call home.
Our property team members bring our business to life at each building, focusing on execution, along with resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members support property execution and the evolution of other areas within our platform.
The Impact You'll Have
At Placemakr, our obsession with exceptional service doesn’t stop at our current team members, guests, residents and partners – it encompasses our prospective team members as well. As a hands-on Manager, Talent Acquisition, your mission will be to support the hiring of key property and non-property team members, implement strategic recruiting initiatives and directly manage a small but powerful team of recruiters. You will closely partner with (and report to) the Associate Director, PX Business Partnerships and Talent Acquisition, to build and execute strategies that identify, attract and secure the very best talent, including serving as a source of expertise for our hiring managers on workforce globalization efforts and Talent Acquisition best practices.
As one of Placemakr’s first points of contact for our candidates and hiring managers, you will embody and champion our Community Norms and pride yourself in providing a world-class hiring experience. To be successful in this role, you must be a client-focused, thoughtful, problem-solver, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. As Manager, Talent Acquisition you can expect to source and vet candidates for positions including property leadership, engineering, sales and more.
Candidates for this position should expect to work CST or EST hours and/or be located in a region local to our current properties (Texas, Washington DC/Maryland/Virgina, Nashville) in order to best support the needs of the business.
Your Typical Day
- Lead, coach, motivate, and develop a team of talented recruiters of various levels responsible for hiring a high-volume of positions.
- Support key requisitions for stakeholders across a variety of business units (sales, operations, guest experience, engineering, property operations and leadership, Real Estate, and Analytics) and levels (entry-level through management).
- Use data to drive metrics-based goals and accountability while supporting process improvements to develop and maintain a pool of high-quality, diversified candidates of various levels and functions.
- Work closely with peers, People Experience (aka HR) partners, and business leaders to plan, develop, innovate, and execute on recruitment strategy.
- Support the implementation and track efficacy of programs and process improvements to increase Placemakr’s ability to attract and hire the very best talent.
- Research, uncover, and engage top talent using creative methods and sources, including grassroots and in-person recruiting, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.
- Serve as the source of expertise to educate our broader business and drive effective hiring strategies by keeping a pulse on activity in various hiring markets (start-up, hospitality, tech space) across North America and abroad.
- Provide a memorable candidate experience during the end-to-end recruitment process for your owned roles.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans, team partnership, and strategy implementation.
- Train and mentor your team members on best sourcing, recruiting, and candidate closing practices.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
What it Takes
- 5+ years of high-volume, functional recruiting experience in a full life-cycle environment (startup experience is a plus!)
- At least 1+ year of previous experience leading a recruiting team
- Demonstrated experience autonomously managing high-volume recruiting needs for exempt and non-exempt, line-level/front-line service-focused roles as well as specialized corporate and technical (maintenance, janitorial, housekeeping) roles.
- Successful track record in recruiting process and initiative execution, including grassroots and in-person recruiting strategies (supporting workforce globalization efforts a plus!)
- Expert knowledge in sourcing for exceptional passive and active candidates through a variety of resources, including in-person recruiting, professional networks (LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.) and referrals.
- Familiarity with one or more applicant tracking system (we use Lever!).
- Ability to develop, improve and implement recruiting processes and strategies.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills, that are centered around empathy and collaboration, which allow you to deeply understand hiring manager and candidate needs.
- You have unbeatable written and verbal communication skills that are clear, direct, and create trust.
- You can multi-task effectively with a sense of urgency in an ambiguous, dynamic environment and embrace changes as they arise.
- You have a propensity for taking initiative and ownership while operating with a high level of independence, rigor, and creativity.
- You consistently maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- You are comfortable with utilizing your talent acquisition expertise and communication skills to inspire and influence the organization to action.
- You embody and are a champion of our Community Norms. You Own It. You Make It Better. You Treat People Right.
Our benefits & perks
Competitive Pay, Generous Stock Options and Performance Bonuses
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance with options for Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Life Insurance
401k + 4% employer matching program
Unlimited PTO to allow time for you to recharge
Monthly cell phone reimbursement, health & wellness stipend and a generous onboarding stipend for remote employees
Plus, discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties all over the US
Our community norms
Great people are the key to our success. From corporate team members to our property teams and leaders, we’re looking for collaborative, driven individuals to join us as we continue to expand our presence across the US. Most importantly, we create positive community norms that shape our company culture and inform how we do business:
We own it.
We make it better.
We treat people right.
Placemakr will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our team at email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!