Digital Marketing SEO Strategist
Marketing & Communications
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Passionate about your career in SEO and helping local businesses grow? Want to get your foot in the door of a healthy, growing technology company that fosters employee development and encourages a healthy work-life balance? WorkWave is looking for a SEO Strategist to join our growing Digital Marketing team.
Here at WorkWave, we pride ourselves on our flexibility! This is a hybrid work-from-home and in-office position, with a flexible time off plan offered from day one. This position is based in Raleigh, NC, so you must live in the Triangle area, or be willing to relocate upon hire to qualify. We are not currently offering relocation packages for this role.
WorkWave’s digital marketing team operates under the name Coalmarch by WorkWave. Coalmarch provides marketing services to business owners in the field services industries (lawn care, pest control, HVAC, etc) that help them grow their businesses through effective lead-generation strategies. As an organization, WorkWave offers a variety of software and solutions for field service businesses in all stages- from start-ups to mid-size businesses, all the way to larger companies with franchises.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining SEO strategies and tactics for our home service clients with the goal of increasing their non-paid traffic, leads, and keyword rankings.
- You’ll create and execute on custom SEO strategies for clients, which include strategic content strategies, site structure and hierarchy, keyword research, on and off-site optimization, link building strategies, competitor research, and more.
- You’ll monitor client performance and work closely with Account Executives to ensure that client’s organic goals are being monitored and met, and that performance improvement plans are being created and implemented when needed.
- You’ll assist with key projects in the organization related to cross-team collaboration, reporting/Analytics, SEO strategy, product initiatives, software, and more.
- You’ll stay up-to-date on updates and shifts in the SEO industry as well as client-wide trends, and knowledge share with key groups.
- You’ll become proficiency in a variety of tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, WhiteSpark, AHREFs, Basecamp, BrightLocal, and more.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 1-3 years of experience in an SEO-specific role
- Marketing agency experience preferred but not required
- Experience in creating local SEO strategies that generate results
- A strong understanding of Google’s algorithm
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
WORKING REMOTE? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental and 401k with company match
• Find your perfect work/life balance with our Flexible Time Off policy or generous PTO plan (role dependent) and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status: Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.