VP of Product Management
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
WorkWave is seeking a VP of Product Management to lead our ERP applications. As a leader in the product management organization you will be responsible for overseeing a team of product owners responsible for the overall product life cycle of WorkWave ERP applications including Finance and Payroll solutions. We are seeking someone who can provide guidance within the team, help shape and streamline processes, work successfully across teams and also engage with customers on a regular basis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the strategic direction for WorkWave’s ERP solutions development and implementation of roadmap objectives
- Represent WorkWave in client interactions with customer advisory groups and at industry events
- Manage a team that oversees the end-to-end product lifecycle from concept through release for all relevant initiatives, coordinating with the individual product owners to understand the status and direction of all ongoing projects, balance efforts across the team, and escalate any issues as needed.
- Work to ensure that the management team has clear, prompt visibility into resource requirements and project status.
- Ensure product related customer commitments are tracked, understood and delivered, including managing necessary internal and external communication of status and changes.
- Strategically guide cross-functional go to market activities; working with marketing, sales, services, support, finance and training teams.
- Maintain strong working relationships with customers and prospects, work closely with sales to develop key executive relationships to build industry advocacy and legitimacy for product initiatives.
- Participate in key sales efforts for strategic accounts/ opportunities as solution evangelist and assist with partner efforts as needed.
- Oversee P&L for your products and evaluate further investment and program expansions backed by business plans with ROI.
- Work with Product Marketing to conduct competitive analysis on current, planned, and potential future solutions: drive internal understanding of the competitive landscape.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- 10 years of product management experience with B2B software, preferably in ERP solutions including Finance and Payroll offerings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading/managing a team.
- Preference to candidates with experience with internationalized software
- Comfortable speaking both in front of small groups of executives and large mixed audiences.
- Able to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
- Experience analyzing customer needs and writing detailed requirements documents.
- Experience interfacing directly with customers and a sales organization.
- Experience in leading/coordinating multi-departmental initiatives.
- Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple large complicated software products with competing priorities with a team of direct reports.
- Strong ability to lead by example and manage large complicated projects with individuals who are not direct reports.
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
“Are you the right person to tackle this challenging role? There are many customer needs, competing priorities and an abundance of hurdles... but the technology is diverse and interesting. You will find that WorkWave is an excellent company to grow with. I am looking for a leader who is a self-starter, someone who recognizes an opportunity or gaps and knows that it is their chance to make a difference.”
Currently not accepting candidates located in CA or NY for this position.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We offer a casual work environment and remote work flexibility and have a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We care deeply and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We openly accept others as they are and build strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
WORKING REMOTE? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental and 401k with company match
• Find your perfect work/life balance with our Flexible Time Off policy or generous PTO plan (role dependent) and paid holidays
• Up to 4 weeks paid bonding leave
• Free subscription to the Calm App for you and up to 4 dependents!
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status: Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.