Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
We are hiring a Software Engineer
As Unacast grows within the location data industry, we are expanding our product portfolio. Therefore, we are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our Catalog Team and be a part of making Unacast data accessible and a breeze to use.
The Catalog Team is a small, but highly enabled team operating at the center of Unacast. It is our job to make our datasets available, and place them at the fingertips of those who need it. On one side we work closely with our data scientists, enabling them to bring innovative data solutions to market fast. On the other side we obsess over making our data available where needed for our customers and colleagues - this includes providing APIs/SDKs for others to build on, reliable data-feed integrations, and exploration of data via an interactive catalog portal.
Our main office is in the heart of Oslo, where we meet every week with our international colleagues, both for work and for socializing. Being part of Unacast means being part of a friendly workplace, with care for each other and opportunities to grow within the company.
What you will be doing
- You will be a vital member of a team with end-to-end responsibility of making Unacast’s data accessible to our customers
- You will work the full lifecycle of our services from inception and new development, to operations and operational excellence
- You will execute initiatives and tasks from end to end, across the stack. In close collaboration with others, or sometimes solo
- With the team you will, make decisions and do what is needed to move our team's ability to drive and increase value
- You will be working with a large set of technologies and services
Who we think you are
- Someone who predominantly wants to work from our Oslo office. As a small team where its current members do this, we want to keep the on-site dynamic. The close collaboration this affords, allows us to move fast together as a team
- Someone who aspires and is able to drive initiatives from a goal or vision all the way to it is producing value
- Empathetic, with understanding of our users and stakeholders
- Eager to embrace and reign control of the chaos that ensues when ideas meet reality
- A person with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable about building and maintaining APIs
- Experienced working with distributed workloads, data pipelines and/or larger datasets
- Native in using the cloud for your workloads
- Comfortable making pragmatic decisions in the face of incomplete information
- Curious about how to leverage the current high innovation in the data ecosystem
Most Relevant Technologies
- Go / TypeScript / Python
- React / Remix / Node
- Cloud Run / Docker
- Git / Github Actions
- Pub/Sub / Task Queues
- Protobuf / gRPC
- Postgres / BigQuery / Snowflake / Redis / Elasticsearch
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
As an example, to help understand the impact of COVID-19, we released several public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo (Norway), NYC (United States), and Pilsen (Czech Republic). We have been named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://www.unacast.com/careers
See more open positions at Unacast
Something looks off?