IT, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
You are a Data Analyst, but are you a detective?
At Unacast, we are developing tools for rapidly growing data industries. We innovate to create new tools which leverage sources of data that are only now reaching maturity. The opportunity to grow and explore with these datasets has never been more interesting.
We wish to drive the industry forward by creating tools that have not been possible previously, due to new advances in cloud technology, ML, and data sources. This requires a strong ability to analyse the quality of our data, identify improvements, and detect new exciting data features.
Do you want to be part of our journey? Come and join us!
Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
We are hiring a Data Analyst with experience in customer interaction
At Unacast, we are building a platform to process some of the largest communications datasets available. This is a rapidly growing industry, and our product scope and reach is expanding to meet this demand. As a result, we are excited to be expanding our team, and are searching for an enthusiastic Data Analyst to join us.
The Telco data team is multidisciplinary, with product, data engineering, data science, machine learning, and data analysis coming together in one team to develop a competitive data platform. While closely collaborating with various teams and stakeholders within the company, we have the freedom of innovation and experimentation to develop high-quality and privacy-friendly location data insights that can change the location data industry for good. Specifically in your role as a data analyst you will seek to understand the data we process and create. These insights will be used to improve and create new tools for the platform, as well as enable insightful reporting to the platform customers. You will act as a key link in communicating data quality to the customer, both in presenting your findings regularly, and developing systems to accurately monitor the input and output data.
This will be Telco data, with an emphasis on anonymisation and privacy, ensuring the data never even has to leave a customers server (thus ensuring security). The wider company has a large array of offerings around GPS and location data, see here for details about our current data products.
This is an on-site hybrid position (with 2-3 days in the week working in our Oslo office, or more if you want!). In case of a change of location, Unacast will not be able to handle Visa application support or relocation.
Our main office is on Karl Johans Gate in the heart of Oslo, where we meet every week with our international colleagues, both for work and for socializing. Our welcoming office has a focus on comfort, and this is reflected in the surroundings. Being part of Unacast means being part of a friendly and efficient workplace, with opportunities to grow and advance within the company.
What you will be doing
- Understanding the intricacies of the data, identifying areas of improvement, and suggesting changes based on the data
- Quantifying quality changes, and building metrics to monitor data quality and consistency
- Acting as a key point of contact for customers to communicate data quality, and tell engaging stories built from dataset analyses
- Creating visualisations and dashboards that allow deep data probing and customer engagement
Who we think you are
- You have an academic degree equivalent to a Bachelor's or higher in a discipline relevant to Data Analysis.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in Data Analysis, preferably on very large datasets
- You have rich experience in using Python and SQL (preferably within the BigQuery dialect).
- You have experience in customer interaction, with very strong presentation skills
- You have excellent communication skills and are proficient in English.
- You are a positive force. Adaptable and full of curiosity, you enjoy a high degree of collaboration and working in a team.
- You love tackling challenges and are passionate about data insights.
... and it is positive if
- You are familiar with GCP.
- You have some basic Data Science skills
- You have experience working with geospatial data.
Most relevant technologies
- Visualisation tools: Kepler.gl, matplotlib, ++
- Apache Airflow
What we expect of you
- We expect you to be positive-minded with a “can do” attitude to tackle challenges together with your team.
- We are a startup, so things can change fast and you need to be agile and proactive on this journey.
- We have customers using the product daily, so some on-call may be required.
- Be your own CEO, and have fun seriously! (Unacast guiding principles)
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
As an example, to help understand the impact of COVID-19, we released several public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo (Norway), NYC (United States), and Pilsen (Czech Republic). We have been named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://www.unacast.com/careers
See more open positions at Unacast
Something looks off?