Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Virtual Facility is a NYC-based building intelligence and workflow optimization SaaS startup. We help critical facility managers better-understand their operations and promote efficiency improvement through data-driven work.
Virtual Facility’s tech leverages the latest in big-data and machine learning to drive real-time engineering and operations management support for mission-critical large scale commercial facilities.
We're backed by leading venture capital firms, including Camber Creek, Primary, and Ubiquity Ventures, and are fortunate to count major healthcare networks and hospitals, research universities, data centers, and government institutions as our customers. Our team is fully-remote in the US; no relocation required.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who is excited to make an impact in a fast-moving, high-output environment. You will be responsible for cold-calling (our industry picks up the phone) and emailing prospective customers, educating the market about the power of Virtual Facility's Alarm Triage platform, and generating and coordinating qualified opportunities for our Account Executives (AEs). You will be an integral part of our sales team and will work closely with everyone at the company, particularly the AE team. If the rush of a startup and the thrill of getting the prospect to say “yes” piques your interest, this is the place for you. Bonus points if you have prior SaaS sales experience and are looking to get into enterprise sales, as this role has the opportunity to grow into an Account Executive role within 12-18 months.
- Research, identify, and persistently reach out to prospective decision makers who fit our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP).
- Engage and create a relationship with prospects via phone (avg. 100 calls / day), email, social media, and other outlets to understand the customer’s current state and needs and whether there’s a good mutual fit.
- Educate the prospective customer on our solution, our vision, and what Virtual Facility’s Alarm Triage is a game-changer for facilities management teams.
- Nurture prospects until they become qualified or disqualified and seamlessly hand-off to AE.
- Exceed monthly and quarterly quota targets.
Qualifications for this role:
- 1+ years of relevant quota-carrying enterprise software or SaaS sales experience a strong plus. Those with prior BDR and AE experience are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Experience with high-volume cold calling are a strong plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience selling into the facilities management/building automation market (a strong plus).
- Prior experience with a CRM (Salesforce), sales automation (Salesloft), research (LinkedIn, ZoomInfo) a plus.
- Superb written and verbal English communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through. Persistence and organization are critical for this role.
- Outstanding listener and stellar verbal and written communication chops.
- Willing to dive into the “nitty gritty” to uncover potential areas we can provide value.
- Eager to overachieve, confident, logical, self-starter, and always positive!
What to expect in your first 30 days:
- You'll get to know the entire team, how we work, and get acquainted with your future day-to-day.
- You’ll select your benefits plans.
- You’ll get a full deep-dive into the industry, our customers and their stories, the problems we help solve, and (of course) our sales process.
- You'll set up your own Alarm Triage account and will gain an understanding of platform navigation, use cases, and benefits.
- You'll sit in on numerous live sales calls and existing customer calls, as well as internal calls to help you get the lay of the land. You’ll also review our vast recorded library of past sales and Customer Success (CS) calls.
- You'll spend time reading and absorbing the information collected in our sales, CS, and product knowledge bases.
- You’ll gain a thorough understanding of our sales process and what’s expected of your role.
- You’ll be taught how to run effective outreach campaigns and will spend significant time practicing your cold calling, pitching, and objection handling skills.
- You’ll make your first cold calls and send your first emails (and hopefully land your first meeting)!
- Competitive compensation including equity.
- Health insurance, including fully-paid options. Free One Medical, Kindbody, and Talkspace memberships, 401k, and other supplemental benefits including dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy with a minimum of two weeks off each year. This isn't a vague policy where flexible PTO means no vacation -- we take time to recharge.
- Choose your OS - we'll set you up with a powerful Mac or ThinkPad laptop + monitor plus any accessories and software you need for the job. For sales roles, this often includes a headset.
- Home office set-up subsidy and pre-negotiated discounts with Branch.
- Ground floor positions with a fast-growing startup - that means your work will have a big impact and there are many potential career paths ahead.
Life at Virtual Facility:
- We’re a fully-distributed team with employees around the US, though legally our “HQ” is in NYC.
- We gather as a team 1x-2x per year, depending on the circumstances and safety of such an event.
- We collaborate and work through Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, Salesloft, Confluence, Jira, Loom, and other platforms. If there's a tool you like to use, let us know!
- We practice healthy work-life balance; we expect sustainable working hours and require use of your minimum two week vacation time.
- We value accountability, diversity of thought, respectful candor, transparency, mutual mentorship, and the willingness to take big risks and learn from both small and spectacular failures.
Virtual Facility believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries around the 75th percentile based on compensation data from other companies at our stage and everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The base salary range for this role is $60,000 - $65,000 with an OTE of $90,000 - $100,000.
Virtual Facility is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating and fostering an inclusive environment for all employees and partners of our business.
Visa sponsorship is not currently available for this role.
As a federal contractor, Virtual Facility is required to adhere to E-Verify requirements. Effective June 26, 2023, Virtual Facility began processing all new hires through E-Verify. E-Verify is an online system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration that enables employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States. Please reference the most recent E-Verify posters here for more information.