Senior Product Designer, VTS Market (Contractor)
VTS Market - About
This contractor role is a 4 month position covering a key role for VTS Market during a scheduled maternity leave. VTS Market is an industry leading product that helps brokers market commercial real estate space availability to prospective tenants. The VTS Market product is both business and consumer facing, so both B2B and B2C perspectives will apply when creating solutions. You can expect to dig into workflow, communication, and data visualization user problems across responsive web and mobile platforms.
As our Senior Product Designer, you will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, QA and, business stakeholders to design solutions for our VTS Market product. You will work in a dedicated agile squad to conduct research, prototype solutions, and deliver highly-attuned customer experiences in 2-6 week cycles, but also be part of our larger design function of 12 UX/UI Design specialists. Our design culture believes in helping each other in biweekly design reviews, learning from each other, ensuring we keep product consistency and debating global patterns that affect the entire team. VTS Product Designers are expected to perform the classic stages of design thinking; problem discovery, exploration, validation of design solutions, measurement, and iteration.
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in product design, human-computer interaction, UX research and/or related fields
- Experience launching multiple features and products at different companies, ideally working with product and engineering roles in agile development environments
- Skills to be both a leader and a team player, with an appetite for feedback and a desire to influence a growing organization
- Experience rationalizing design decisions with peers and non-design stakeholders alike
Here’s what you’ll be expected to do in this role:
- Quickly ramp on the commercial real estate domain, with a particular focus on understanding the broker’s journey, pain points and key problems solved by the Market product.
- Partner closely with your product manager, engineers/QA team members to evaluate and solve complex problems, within a culture of teamwork, partnership and respect.
- Be a design leader and provide your teams with deep empathy for our customers’ motivations, goals, and the larger ecosystems in which they operate on a daily basis. Ground your solutions in human problems, and share that understanding with your team whenever possible.
- Design solutions that enable our products to work seamlessly together, accounting for larger application structure and context across various users and permissions.
- Promote research methodologies and lead qualitative and quantitative exercises that expand our understanding of the customer, and level up our design practice.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees! Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration. Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages. Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
VTS will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.