Director of Property Management - Multifamily
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Google, Capital One, McKinsey, Compass, Brookfield, Ares, and Blackstone, among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
The Director of Multifamily Property Management is responsible for providing first-class customer service to our external clients, including landlords, along with assisting the internal Real Estate team with day-to-day inquiries and requests. This position is responsible for managing and executing the operating and capital improvement budget
Scope of Responsibilities
- Responds to client needs, ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolve problems promptly. Ensures that services are provided in policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards.
- Ensures regular property inspection. Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning.
- Contracts for and leads vendor services as the need arises.
- Coordinates move-ins and move-outs, and "walk-through" spaces with clients and colleagues (including project management/construction, Energy Sustainability and Governance, Engineering, etc.)
- Collects rent and pays expenses in compliance with lease terms. Prepares all required legal notices. Recommends and coordinates legal action.
- Supports property sales and property development by leading key aspects of due diligence, supervising related activities of internal and external contributors/consultants.
- Directs facility management staff to deliver service levels within the prescribed budget to the client.
- Review strategic plans, recommends solutions and settles appropriate staffing levels to meet expectations.
- Proactively handles capital plans, projects, and operating budget reporting for all assigned properties.
- Reviews various business management reports. Meets with client management team and appropriate departments to discuss, resolve and discrepancies.
- Provides for the training needs of field staff throughout the region by ensuring completion of defined curriculum for each job within standard time frames. Uses available web and classroom training resources, developing training material and conducting classes, as needed.
- Continuously evaluates current standards and practices. Identifies improvement opportunities, working with other support and business teams to refine and implement standard processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, accounting or finance preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience required, multifamily experience preferred
- Subject matter expertise in real estate investments, real estate financial modeling; cash flow valuation and underwriting a plus
- Excellent analytical, financial, and quantitative skills, with highest level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpretive knowledge of property level financial statements and financial analysis including ROI analysis, market share assumptions, and forecasting
- OWNERSHIP: Make it happen, no matter what.
- EXCELLENCE: Everything we do is world-class
- COLLABORATION We trust in the power of working together.
- WINNING: We’re here to be the best.
- FAIRNESS: We get deals done, done right
- FUN: We work hard and we enjoy the ride.
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
See more open positions at whykeyway.com
Something looks off?